- Find a Healthcare Agency
- Case Studies
- Online tools
- About Nat
November 8, 2010
Eye for Pharma organized the 1st eMarketing Canada conference, which was held in Toronto, on November 1-2 2010. As part of the conference, marketers from both agency and client sides were asked to submit their e-tactics as nominations for the very 1st Canada's Pharma Digital Awards. A panel of judges was selected based on experience with digital pharma marketing and knowledge of the Canadian regulations. Dr. John Reeves of Kyp Inc. led the award process. There were 6 winners: Healthcare professional sites:
- Canadian Healthcare Network (Rogers Publishing Healthcare Group)
- Advisory Space (Agency: Impetus Healthcare, Client: Nycomed)
- More Than Medication (Agency: Klick Pharma, Client: Pfizer)
- Contour USB Program (Agency: Brightworks, Client: Bayer)
- Smidge (Agency: Klick Pharma, Client: Pfizer)
- iMD Health
- Neil Follett, Bightworks
- Annemarie Edwards, CPC Healthcare Communications
- Ian Ross, Merge Inc.
- Laurie Demille, GlaxoSmithKline
- Murray Forrestall, Bmod Group
- David Pattenden, Microsoft Canada, Healthcare
- Paul Kostoff, Mediresource
- Glen Webster, Klick
- and me, Natalie Bourre, Marketing 4 Health Inc.
December 17, 2009
My clients have made 2009 a wonderful year for me, and I wish to thank them sincerely for their trust, passion and for being such wonderful and compassionate people.
This post is an overview of the accomplishments for my company, Marketing 4 Health Inc., throughout the year 2009. It is also a recognition of my clients, because without them there would not have been accomplishments to talk about. Warning: this post may sound a bit promotional, so I will not be offended if you decide to stop reading right here.
Marketing 4 Health Inc. is a small startup medical marketing / social media consultancy company and has been in existence since 2006, but has only really started its business activities as of September 2008. In 2009, business has boomed more than I expected or even planned. My clients range from pharma companies (Rx and OTC / NPN), medical / pharma non-profit organizations (Canadian and American), a healthcare professional social network, a consumer organization, to marketing agencies.
I am quite pleased that most of my clients have been hiring me on a continual basis for either an extended project, or for several projects. Thanks to all of my clients for their continued trust in me.
The accomplishments that I am most proud of over the past year include;
- Partnered with clients to develop strategic marketing plans (short and medium term) that fit their objectives
- Established myself as a passionate Health 2.0 advocate in Canada:
1) Presented on the concept of Health 2.0 at the Ontario Pharmaceutical Marketing Association (OPMA) in May, ‘Drug Pricing and Reimbursement in Canada’ conference hosted by the Canadian Institute in June, the Pharmaceutical Advertising Advisory Board (PAAB) social media and pharma workshops in September and November, and some pharmaceutical companies throughout the year, and
2) was recognized as an influencer by peer Health 2.0 advocates; Ignite Labs’ top 24 Pharma tweeps and ePharma Rx’ “Celebrating Pharma Women on Twitter” (8 pharma women tweeps listed). It was an honour to have been included on both lists and particularly to represent Canadian Pharma on them.[caption id="attachment_211" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Ignite Labs: The 24 Pharma Tweeps"][/caption] [caption id="attachment_210" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Celebrating Pharma Women on Twitter"][/caption]
- Advised on (and sometimes implemented) the management and marketing of online communities and online communications for several clients.
- Started a new blog focusing on medical marketing and social media with a focus on Canada. The blog has attracted greater traffic than I anticipated thus far, and I am very grateful to all who read, support, and take the time to question my commentaries.
- Since several of my clients focus on baby / children healthcare products and services, I have developed a strong network with Mommy bloggers and various Mommy online networks. This has been a lot of fun for me, because as a Mom of a young child, I was already actively involved with the Mommy online communities but from the perspective of a member.
- Market access: Submitted and got client’s NPN product approved on the RAMQ and NIHB. This project was a surprise to me as market access management is not my specialty, but my client insisted that I give it a try. I am so glad that he did because it was such a great experience and I enjoyed learning about some of the inside workings of market access.
- Most importantly, I remained a stay-at-home Mom during the day and cherished every moment and milestone with my 2-year old, while managing to do most of my work in the evenings (and sometimes middle of the night). It is busy to play both roles to the fullest extent possible, but it truly offers me the best of both worlds.
It`s been a fantastic year, and I have each of my clients to thank for that. None of the achievements above would have been possible without their faith in my abilities to help them achieve their business goals. I am especially grateful for my clients' continued respect of my desire to remain a stay-at-home Mom. Some have even tolerated a few meetings with me accompanied by my 'toddler assistant'. Baby #2 is on the way and due early next Spring. As such, I do plan to slow down a bit during Spring and Summer of 2010, but hope to be back in full action in either Fall or Winter time because there is so much more to do. My blog posts and microblogging activity will slow down a bit, but I will continue to make the occasional online appearance here and there.
This will be my last post for the year 2009. Over the next few weeks, I will be focusing on spending time with friends and family. On that note, I wish you all happy holidays and a fantastic new year!
Merry Christmas et Joyeux Noel, Natalie
To ensure that you receive all new updates to this blog, insert your e-mail address in the box in the top-right corner. Your e-mail will remain private and will not be shared with any third parties.